DAKAR SERIES SUSPENSION
Your Jamis dual suspension bicycle has a very advanced multi-link suspension design.
Proper care and maintenance is critical to your safety and also to insure long lasting performance.
*All maintenance and repairs should be performed by your Jamis dealer.
SETUP & MAINTENANCE
For proper set up and maintenance please consult the owners manual for the suspension fork and/or rear shock that you received with your bicycle. If you did not receive the manual(s) please contact the fork or shock manufacturer and they can send you one, or download one from their website...
INSPECTION OF FRONT AND/OR REAR SUSPENSION
- Before every ride, ensure that the suspension fork and rear shock is operating properly.
- After every 10 hours of use inspect the front fork to make sure there is no hydraulic oil leaking from the fork and that it is operating properly.
- On the rear suspension, check shock mounting bolts and the pivot bolts for tightness.
- For other areas that should be checked, consult your owner’s manual for your front fork and/or rear shock.
- Once a month check for bearing wear. Place one hand on top of the rear tire, and grasp the seatpost with the other. Try to move the rear wheel from side to side, if you feel any looseness, take the bike to your Jamis dealer for service.